My husband has been telling me for years that I need to stop trying to “turn a profit” with all my interests and business ideas and just write for the enjoyment of it.
He’s a pretty smart guy (has a PhD, after all), so I guess I should finally take his advice.
So for the time being, my plan for this blog is to be something of a journal documenting our efforts toward increased sustainability.
We live in a small subdivision on the edge of the suburbs and are building a tiny homestead farm, making as much use as we can of the space that we have.
We’re still just starting out, so I have lots to learn, but these are the primary things we’re doing so far and that I’ll be writing about:
- raising chickens for eggs and meat
- raising goats for milk and (eventually) meat
- gardening for food (I try to work from a permaculture perspective)
- making most of our food from scratch
- fermenting our own foods and beverages
- cloth diapering
- homeschooling our four young children
- using natural remedies as much as possible
We are also believers (Protestants of the Reformed tradition), so you’ll see my faith in my posts as well. If these are topics you’re interested in, I’d love for you to follow along!